My Daddy - the strongest, smartest, bestest, and nicest daddy in the whole widest world! Am I a Daddy's girl? You better believe it! I must admit, I was blessed to be born to two of the world's greatest parents - and today is one of their birthday's - my dad's birthday!
My father was raised a preacher's boy. His father, my grandpa, was the founder of several wonderful churches throughout the south. This meant that my dad's childhood was filled with many delightful and dreadful experiences. Delightful because he, as a small boy, saw first hand many miracles and wonderful works of God. Dreadful because he changed schools fifteen times, and was teased unmercifully by other children because of his beliefs. This included rocks being thrown at him and his sister as they walked (ran) home from school. Throughout it all God blessed him and his family mightily despite the persecution.
As a young man, my dad obtained success in the business world through determination and hard work, but God had other plans for him. My father was even offered vice-presidency of the company that he worked for. This meant certain success, wealth, and prosperity as far as material things were concerned, but my father felt the calling of God in his life and knew that God wanted him to go full time into the ministry. My father, chose to reject material wealth and instead chose to submit to God's calling in his life. I am so happy that he made this choice! Although the choice must have been difficult - he never looked back nor regretted the decision. Today, he has been the pastor (now the bishop) of the same church for the past thirty years.
Reflecting upon the past, I can remember my dad having tea parties with me and my sister when we were little. I can remember him singing silly songs to us while playing his guitar. He also taught us to love the Word of God (The Bible) and prayed for us. When I was a teenager learning to drive, my father didn't get angry at me even after I wrecked his vehicles three times in just a few short months or weeks (I can't remember which). I also remember my dad working hard and providing for us, and teaching us that whatever we put our mind to do that with God we can accomplish it.
Even today, I still seek my father for advice and wisdom, and I want him to know ---
Daddy - You are the greatest Daddy ever and I love you so so much!
lol amen love carmencita
ReplyDelete