Monday, June 8, 2009

Which Bike?


On Saturday, Plainoldkristi, her husband, and I went for a twenty mile bike ride on the levee beginning at the Audubon Zoo. It was quite a challenge for me, but seemed to be no effort at all for Plainoldkristi and her husband. Nonetheless, I did it. The hardest part was the sore bottom. Bicycle seats are just not comfortable! On the trail I was amazed at all the different people biking. Old people, young people, overweight people, skinny people, people with really long beards, bike teams in really cool uniforms biking in single file, and people biking in skirts (that would have to be me and plainoldkristi).
______________________
Next we went to GNO (a wonderful bicycle store) and got prices on the bicycle pictured above. It is the one I really want for our tour. It is a Cannondale Touring 1. For about $500 less, I can get the Cannondale Touring 2. Decisions, decisions! I left with a bicycle helment - and a water bottle - something I really needed for now since my sister is allowing me to use her bicycle to get started on.
_______________________
Afterwards, Plainoldkristi and her husband treated me to lunch. We tried this really great little Lebanese restaurant on Carolton Avenue. The food was delicious! We had so much fun. I'm really loving this biking stuff! Thanks for inspiring me Plainoldkristi and husband.
_______________________
PS - Should I get the Cannondale Touring 1 with all the upgrades or should I get the Cannondale Touring 2 just not quite as good? Any pros out there with advice for me?

3 comments:

  1. WoW that bike in the pic look's very cool so I think that one I like it =) yea that one. Anyway's kassdiy and I are having a great time at camp and miss u but we are meeting lot's of new people and it's great and fun the people are so nice out here and we had a great nite at church on the frist day at camp. Love kassdiy and carmencita =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It depends on what kind of "Pro advice" you are talking about. If you ask a pro bike person like Lance Armstrong, I'm sure he would tell you to get the Touring 1. If you asked a finance pro like Dave Ramsey, he would probably tell you to save the extra $500 for a rainy day.
    If your asking me-not a pro at either- I think your tail is going to hurt regardless of the price of the bike so I wouldn't spend the extra.
    LoVe Ya,
    ~Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. From a bike pro.....Get the best one....You'll just buy it later!!! Dave Ramsey would say...Save up .... bargain on the price .....and get the best one you can pay cash for.Melba Lou...you'll use it. I see the determination in you already.

    ReplyDelete