Sunday, August 16, 2009

Taking a Sweet Picture

Have you ever seen those sweet, angelic, perfect photos of children?

Like the one above of my niece, daughter, nephew, and my sister's dog, Lizzie?

Well, almost perfect, the dog is looking off and everyone looks somewhat uncomfortable. However, the picture is sweet. This was not an easy task.

Attempt #1...."What are you doing, sweetie? Please smile for Aunt Meboo." "Sure, how is this? (my niece)" "Lizzie, Lizzie, look here! (me)"
Attempt #2...."Is this smile better?" "Hey, what about my smile, Aunt Meboo? It's called the tight lip smile." "Lizzie, Lizzie, hold still!"
Attempt#3...."Not bad, except...Lizzie, what are you doing. Get back up there!"
Attempt#102......"This is getting to be so funny......"
Attempt #103..."Please open your eyes and look at the camera!" "Nekee, please come here and make them smile right!"
Attempt#104..."I think I hear my cell phone. Should I get it? (this is my daughter)" "How's this smile? Do I look sweet? (my niece)" "Maybe if I smile at the ground, she'll be happy and let me up (my nephew)."
Attempt#105..."Hello, look at the camera, please."

Attempt#106...."I think I'll go answer my cellphone (my daughter)"

"I give up!"

Question: Who else has this problem taking family photos?

4 comments:

  1. I settle for the stupid grins and tell them they're really going to hate me when I show this to all their future boyfriends...or how their children are going to think they had plastic surgery to fix the issues they had as child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of the random poses. It makes me think of the picture booths at the mall. We used to cram as many people we could fit and make goofy faces till the thing stopped flashing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those kids are crazy. It is always an ordeal to get a good smile out of my kids. It seems like I remember going through a stage similar to that when I was a youngun'. :)

    Love Ya.

    ReplyDelete