On Day 3 we rode our bikes approximately 50 miles stopping at Shepherdstown to stay at the Bavarian Inn. This was our toughest day by far.
Me stopping to take a break.
The rest on the gang stopping to stretch and enjoy the view.
Wasn't the view beautiful!

Just another picture of some sights we viewed along the way. I am not sure what the name of this dam is, but there must be lots of fish here because a man was sitting on the rocks fishing. The next bike trip I take, I think I'll bring my fishing pole.

We noticed this sign at a private camp ground we stopped at and thought it was funny. Would anyone like to bike to Cancun?

After traveling smoothly along, the path suddenly stopped. There was a big orange sign stating that the path was too dangerous at this point and that a detour must be taken. The detour was five miles long and extremely hilly.

A close up of the detour sign. This detour was quite a challenge for all us. However, I conquered my fear of going down hill because I knew that if I didn't go down as fast as possible then the trip up the hill was going to be a lot more difficult. I also learned how to properly shift the gears in order to travel faster and to make it up the hills a little
easier. Needless to say, we felt victorious when we completed the five mile detour through the hills. Our hearts were pounding, we were gasping for breath, and sweating profusely. We
collapsed on the side of the road to drink some water and return to normal.
VICTORY! Yeah!
Nekee and me feeling quite victorious.

Relaxing!

In
Shepherdstown we voted on staying at a hotel to take a shower and get a good night's sleep. The hotel was biker friendly and allowed us to bring our bikes into our rooms. The shower sure felt good!

We made reservations at the Inn's restaurant and ate German food that night. We all thought it was funny when
Plainoldkristi's husband ordered an
appetizer, then when he received his
entree it was just a larger version of his appetizer. I had crab cakes the northern way. It was quite different than the southern way, but it was delicious! Notice the frizzy hair on me, I had nothing to fix it with, but it was clean! Trust me, my pride went out the window on this trip.

A picture of the hotel we lodged at--the Bavarian Inn.
Unfortunately, the beds were sort of hard, but we slept long and sound!
I am you were safe on the road =]
ReplyDelete