Day 2 of the tour we rode our bikes for about 40 miles or so and set up camp at the Little Pool campsite. Along the way we saw many beautiful and interesting sights.
Here is a picture of us about to enter the Paw Paw Tunnel. The Paw Paw Tunnel is about 3,118 ft long. It's dark, damp, full of bumps, and forever long. I pushed my bike for almost the entire tunnel. I didn't want to hit the railing and I didn't want to hit the wall. Plainoldkristi and her husband zipped through. Poor Nekee was stuck behind me and waited patiently as I trudged along.
Our bikes on the path immediately after we exited the Paw Paw tunnel.
PlainoldKristi and her husband climbed the steps to the top to watch me and Nekee as we exited the tunnel.
Me entering the Paw Paw tunnel before I decided to get off and walk the bike the rest of the way through.
I believe this is a picture of the Sideling Hill Creek Aqueduct, but I'm definitely not sure.
Along the path we also stopped at the Little Orleans store. This little store has been around since 1896. The building was destroyed by a fire in 2000 and was rebuilt in 2001. The sign on the door stating the hours of operation was quite hilarious. Basically there were no set hours or days of operation. The store was closed but the owner's son (a really nice guy) opened up for us anyway and we all purchased snacks and wrote our names on a dollar bill for the owner to staple to the store ceiling (this is a tradition of the store).
That afternoon we stopped in Hancock to eat pizza. The pizza was delicious! I wanted to post this horrible picture of myself laughing in the pizza place just to prove to my sisters that I am not VAIN. Messy hair, sweat, and dirt just came with the trip.
When arriving at Little Pool we all cooled off in the Potomac. I am not sure if this was a good idea or not, but it sure felt good!
I am glad yal had fun love carmencita
ReplyDelete