Monday, July 13, 2009

Memories of a Very Snowy Day in MD on a Very Hot Day in LA!

I have so many wonderful memories of my time in Maryland. Just in case anyone who reads this blog doesn't know it, for approximately one year my children and I lived in Maryland after our home was severely damaged in hurricane Katrina. During this time, we were very blessed to have a fabulous church to attend, Christian Life Center in Gaithersburg, MD, a wonderful family to live with (the pastor and his wife), and we were able to make many great new friends and experience some new and exciting things.

Well, on this hot day in Louisiana, I thought I would share with you one of these experiences. Snow! Not just a little snow--a lot of SNOW!

This is a picture of the beautiful home of the family we stayed with. This is a picture of what that beautiful home looked like when we woke up on this particular morning. My littlest was so excited (he was three at the time) he ran straight out the door, still in his PJ's, and fell flat on his face in the snow.

This was the view out of the front door. Simply breath taking! I was so amazed at the beauty of it all. My brother-in-law drove over in his truck, picked me and my children up, and then away we headed to their house for a day of snow fun!

This is my brother-in-law hurdling snowballs at my sister while everyone else gawks. If you enlarge this picture and look close enough you can see the snowballs flying through the air.

This is my daughter practicing her balancing beam skills.

This is my nephew snowboarding down the hill. Wheeeee!

Isn't it amazing how the snow settles on every little branch?
I could not get enough of looking at it.
Doesn't my niece look precious with her rosy cheeks
and bright blue coat?

Here's my booger. His favorite thing to do in the snow was make snow balls and eat it! Every time I looked at him he was sucking on snow.

Here's my daughter sledding down the hill. Wheeee!

Triple pile up. My brother in law sledding down the hill with his kids! Wheee!

Afterwards, when we were completely exhausted, we retired to my sister's cozy kitchen in front of a toasty fire blazing in the fireplace and drank a mug of steaming hot chocolate! We had such a fun time! I must do this again one day! But for now, I need to get back to work on this HOT Louisiana day!

3 comments:

  1. WoW Look's like fun love the pic's I agree so hot!! Out side Love carmencita =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so great to be able to look back on those times with fondness isn't it? We were all so blessed in the middle of chaos.
    Sigh...God is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melba, thanks for this post. It brought back wonderful memories for me as well. How I would love to have you all near me once again. Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete