I ended up buying the Cannondale Touring 2 bike. If a bike can be beautiful, it is beautiful. I love riding it--it has a very smooth ride. I've also purchased all of my gear including Ortlieb Panniers (I was told these were the best and I would never need to purchase anymore). Other than splurging on the Ortlieb panniers, I purchased most of my biking items from the REI.com Outlet. I think I purchased some real good bargains, and I am ready to try them out. My poor husband spent most of his afternoon helping me install lights, flashers, panniers, bells, and everything else I was too helpless to do. I did my best to evenly pack my panniers so that the weight would be distributed evenly. Every now and then my husband would say, "You really need to learn how to do all of this if you are going to be a biker." My reply was, "Why should I? I have you to do it for me honey bunches, sweetie pie." Honestly, it would have taken me two weeks to do what he did in one afternoon. Thanks Keity-Q Chocolate Chip.
Anyway, I am leaving tomorrow for the tour. I will fill you in when I get back from my daring adventure (at least daring for a 43 year old woman).
Heee I think u are going to do great and have lots of fun with your sister can't wait to here how it when love ya carmencita
ReplyDeleteCongrats on making it all those 190-some miles!! Have a safe trip home. It was so good seeing you and Kristi again (and Byron and Kassidy too!)! :D
ReplyDelete