Thursday, December 16, 2010

What Makes a Mom's Heart Beat with Joy?

What makes a mom's heart beat with joy? When her children are sweet to each other. I love when my children hug me, kiss me, and tell me that they love me. I love when they do what they are suppose to do. I love when they give me their thoughtful little gifts, but most of all I love, love, love when my children love one another! It just thrills my heart when I hear them say kind words to each other, laugh with one another, and do nice things for each other.

When I hear Kass, call out to her brother, "Bye Gene, be careful, I love you." My heart smiles. When Gene surprises Kass and changes the hub caps on her car because one of them fell off and was lost. When she intervenes in Gene being fussed at about his very messy room by saying, "Don't worry about his room, I'll clean it." When Gene stops at McDonald's and brings home a treat for his little brother, or goes to Wal-mart and buys him a game he wants for his DSi, or fixes him a late night bowl of cereal in the kitchen while he listens to Ave rattle on about some random topic. When Kass makes popcorn and plays some silly kid game with Ave......My heart sings....and sings....and sings.....with joy.

Tonight, my youngest son comes up and whispers in my ear, "Hey mom, I know what I can get Gene for Christmas-an Ipod! He keeps looking at mine and playing with it. He would really like it. Can you loan me the money to buy him one?"

Ahhhhh, these moments are to be treasured by a mother.

3 comments:

  1. Awww.... cute! Avery is so sweet, most of the time anyway! lol Gene and Kass are so sweet also!
    I think kass can win sweetest person in the world award! and gene is the cool big brother with the money ehh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny that you posted about this, because I was just telling Jennifer how sweet it was to see Trevor searching feverishly for the perfect gifts for his family members today. After he purchased the gifts he asked me for some gift wrap, which I gladly supplied. He worked dilligently and even requested bows to make the packages more festive.

    ~SWEET~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who ever knew that such a stinker could be soooo SWEET! Love that Trevor!

    ReplyDelete