All the workers gathered together. First came Daddy Trench Digger. He was quite strong and could dig trenches in the snow faster than a person could blink their eyes. It was quite amazing to observe I'm sure. As he worked, the only thing anyone could see was a red streak in the snow and snow flying in all directions.
Next, came the Princess Trench Digger. Do not be fooled by the fact that she is a princess! She can still dig trenches. As she dug the trench, her regal grace, beauty, and strength astounded even Daddy Trench Digger and Muscle Man Trench Digger.
Last, but not least came the Muscle Man Trench Digger. This Trench Digger was not to be messed with! As his muscles bulged, he lifted huge mounds of snow in his shovel-not even breaking a sweat. This trench digging was nothing for Muscle Man Trench Digger.
The Trench Diggers dug for hours and hours, working without wavering or pay. They were determined to complete their mission.
After working endlessly, the Muscle Man Trench Builder took a moment to rest realizing that the mission was almost completed.
Finally, after much hard work, the trench was finished.
The Princess Trench Digger peered from the tunnel declaring the trench the best ever built in the Snow Kingdom.
The trench diggers also built a fort to reside in.
Later on, the Princess and the Muscleman took a moment to regroup and relax, as the fearless Snow Dog, Lizzie, checked out the Snow Kingdom's fort, and made sure no dangerous trench eating snow monsters were lurking around. After a day of trench digging and fort building the Diggers were exhausted! However, they all lived happily ever after in their Snow Kingdom in MD!The End



Oh, Melba...what a sweet post! I cannot wait to read it to the kids. They will be delighted to see the pictures with your story line. Don't be jealous...I have your room ready and waiting. Come on up!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Monique
Too funny! Great story and pics! One question though...where was Mama Trench Digger????? Haha!! ;)
ReplyDeleteYou know, I was wondering the exact same thing. Possibly, she was slacking in her trench digging duties and lounging in front of the fireplace eating bon-bons, drinking hot cocoa and reading a good book. Hmmmmm....just maybe she should spend a few days in the dungeon!
ReplyDeleteWhat an inspiring story. I think I'll go outside and build a mud trench. I'm jealous too. I know the girls are going to love this story.
ReplyDeleteok...Mama trench digger dug a tunnel (pretty much by herself!) and a portion of the trench...set up a carpet in the fort and took pictures too. You know how it is. When the kids grow up and look at all of our family pictures, they are gonna think I was never there for anything...when the truth be told, I am always behind the camera! ha!
ReplyDeletehaaa very cute story love carmencita
ReplyDeleteI believe Mama Trench Digger. Mostly because she's close enough to throw snowballs if I didn't believe her and Melba is a very safe distance away. Haha!!
ReplyDeleteSister Melba,
ReplyDeleteWe got 3"of snow here in Central Alabama Friday 2/12/10,but nothing like that.Great picture of the kitty,what did y'all do to the poor baby?Love y'all,Bro.Jimmy Garrity,aka, "owl critic"
Hey Bro. Jimmy,
ReplyDeleteThat's great! Did you build a snowman? We sure miss you around here. Sure wish you would come and visit us! As far as the cat goes, it's not my cat. It's just a picture I found. My cat, Lizzie, is still alive though--prowling around, keeping to herself - the same ol Lizzie. Keep in touch. Love you Bro. Jimbo!
Rayne told me about all of the snow over the phone it sounds like so much fun!I loved the story Aunt Melba nice job! Love,your favorite neice Talia
ReplyDeleteme too.roar!!!! to bad.... oh well. byby love mckenna
ReplyDelete