Friday, June 1, 2012

Peaches!

Kass and I went to Summit WPF meeting this past week, and we had so much fun!  The services were wonderful, and the fellowship was great!  On the way back home, Kass and I left a little later than the rest because I just can't travel without enough sleep.  We took our time, and on the way home we passed by this wonderful little peach orchard on Hwy 271 outside of Pittsburgh, Texas.  Kass wanted to stop, so I turned around, and we paid a visit!  I am so happy that we did!  There was canned preserves, mushrooms, pickled garlic, fresh vegetables, fruits, most of all fresh peaches, and a great deal of other yummy stuff!    My mouth watered, but I didn't give in to the temptation.  They were handing out free samples, and we purchased a box of peaches along with some juicy plums, and marinated mushrooms. 

Before leaving, we discovered that they also make their own homemade ice cream.  Kass loaded up on blueberry, cantaloupe, and peach ice cream before we left....and sadly I just looked and drooled.  Maybe next time.  Anyway if you are ever traveling that way take a moment to stop and check it out.  I am glad we did!

Here is a link to their farm's website:  http://efurdorchards.com/

1 comment: