Friday, June 10, 2011

Feeding the Sea Gulls

I love getting out and doing things with the kids. Well today was one of those days. After throwing a few towels in a bag, loading up the kids, and picking up a few more, off we headed to the beach. This particular beach is only about 1 hour and 15 minutes away from where we live. It's not the greatest. However, it's basically empty, except for a few people spaced out here and there. The waves aren't that great, the sand's not the best, the water is ankle deep forever, but still it's close, the kids have fun, and it's free! Soooo, off we went...picked up some McDonald's (I was too lazy to pack a picnic), went to the beach, the kids and I ate most of it except for the fries.

Well, as I was relaxing, sitting on a batman blanket, watching the kids explore and build sand castles, I spied a sneaky little sea gull staring hungrily at Nenna's fries. He looked at me, looked at the fries, then flew off for a second. I sat and observed. Finally he came back and quickly stole a fry and flew off.

A few minutes later he came back with some buddies. Suddenly I remember the other two packs of uneaten fries sitting in the beach bag. After getting Kass and Nenna's attention (Logie and Ave kept on building castles) they came to feed the greedy gulls.


It was such fun watching them swoop down and catch the fries in the air.



Whoooo an entire hand full up in the air.




The fries quickly disappeared.




Ave and Logie were not interested and continued to build their castles.
I took tons of pictures today. When it was time to leave I wanted to take one last picture, so I lined up the kids in height order. Logie's getting so big!

3 comments:

  1. Don't feed the beach rats!! Kidding. I love the seagalls...pretty much anything to do with the beach. *sigh* To live that close to the beach. Ocean City is about 3 hrs. I went to the Gulf for the first time a couple weeks ago and LOVED it! I'm going to come down and go with you. :)

    ~Kelly~

    ReplyDelete