Thursday, January 21, 2010

Coconut Oil!

My little sister, Sugar, introduced me to Virgin Coconut Oil this evening. She said that it is suppose to be really good for you and from what I've read on the Internet it is. It's not only good for your internal health, it is also good for your skin and hair.

I am not big on frying, but on an extremely rare occasion I will fry something. Tonight I fried Salmon Patties - something quick and easy - for supper. I tried frying the patties in a little coconut oil, and I thought that they came out wonderfully. I really liked the little extra flavor of the oil, and I found that my house didn't smell yucky like it usually does when I fry something (I really detest the smell of fried foods).

Some people eat virgin coconut oil by the teaspoons on a daily basis, and it is suppose to be good for you. I am not sure if I would do that, but it's nice to know that there are some oils, like olive oil and coconut oil, that actually have health benefits.

Anyway, I will definitely be going to Whole Foods to pick me up some - Virgin Coconut Oil.

2 comments:

  1. Before you go shopping...Come to my blog and read my post from September 23, 2008.

    ~Me
    P.S. thanks for the compliment in your previous post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Coconut oil is fabulous when frying halibut. This is a dish our friends in Canada made while we were visiting. She just used a little salt and pepper and coconut oil. It was so full of flavor. Sadly,halibut is very expensive to buy here.

    ReplyDelete