BETA ALPHA PSI
I am back in school. Just in case anyone does not know it, I have been working slowly toward my 150 credit hours required to sit for the CPA exam. This year I decided to join a club--the Beta Alpha Psi Club. Supposedly, this is a must for your resume to be impressive. I've also been told that it's a great opportunity to network and meet all of the big firms and local small firms in our area.
Joining the Beta Alpha Psi is something that I have been putting off since I know that it requires a great deal, and my schedule is already hectic during the school year. However, I took the plunge this year and will occasionally tell you about some of our functions and activities.
__________________________________________________
DRESS CODES - ARE THEY IMPORTANT?
Do you think it is important how you dress?
I thought this was interesting....The Beta Alpha Psi club has dress codes for all of their meetings. The very basic minimum is "Business Casual".
Here is the "Business Casual" guidelines:
Dos
- Slacks: Slacks and Khakis
- Shirts: Shirts with banded collars, polos, blouses, tunics, golf-shirts, sweaters, sport jackets, and turtlenecks.
- Dresses and Skirts: Dresses with moderate-length; skirts with moderate length or culottes.
- Footwear: Socks and/or stockings are always required for everyone. Dress or leather casual shoes; no open-toe shoes.
- Jeans: (denim pants, shirts, dresses, vests, or jackets)
- Sports jerseys
- T-shirts or collarless shirts, unless plain and worn with a jacket
- Tank or cropped-style tops
- Shorts, unless women's culottes that are worn to the knee
- Spandex, stirrup pants, or leggings
- Sweats (warm-up suits, sweatpants, or sweatshirts)
- Sun Dresses
- Sneakers, athletic shoes, sandals, or hiking boots
- No open-toe shoes
- Hats
- Minis, spaghetti straps, opened back or low-cut shirts
People do judge others by how they dress. How one dresses establishes credibility with his or her clients, co-workers, and with people in general. Small things such as dressing conservatively and wearing closed toed shoes actually make people trust and respect you more--this has been proven through many studies. Anyway, I thought that this was interesting....since the Bible has always taught us that how we dress is important.
I Love your new picture!
ReplyDeleteThis post reminds me of the time that I was touring Europe for my high school senior trip. A couple of girls on the bus made some rude comments about my church's "rediculous dress code" so I found it wildly hillarious that they had to sit outside of the vatican(their church) because they had on pants that were above their knees and shirts with no sleeves.
ReplyDelete